If you’re from out of state and find yourself driving through the great state of Georgia, let me remind you of a few things:
1. The speed limit sign says 55. It is merely a suggestion.
2. If you are driving on I-285, I-20, I-85 or I-75 in ANY DIRECTION, do not continue at the 55 mph speed.
2b. Or 50 mph
2c. Or God forbid 40mph
3. If you are unsure of where you are, MOVE OVER TO THE FAR TWO RIGHT LANES.
4. If you are driving slower than 55 mph and are located in the three LEFT HAND lanes, people will do one or all of the following to you:
– flail their arms violently
– use discouraging hand gestures
– throw things at your moving vehicle
– scream at you as they pass you
5. DO NOT TAP YOUR BRAKES CONTINUOUSLY.
6. The middle lane is not a “safe zone.”
Failing to follow any of these said suggestions will not only ruin my day, but also yours. No one wants to be screamed at while witnessing improper hand gestures. Especially if it’s not even seven a.m. Think of the children!
I understand that you may be clenching your butthole shut, you’re probably sweating a little, white knuckling the steering wheel & that the amount of cars vs lanes can be intimidating.
You’ll survive; but only if you MOVE THE HELL OVER TO THE RIGHT LANES.