Currently listening to: The Polyphonic Spree
Earlier this morning, I was trolling Pinterest. I’ve sort of found myself sucked back into it- if only to look at quotes and humor. Okay, recipes too. Alright… fashion that involves leggings and long sweaters also. Say what you want, I’ll never let go of my leggings as pants. Suck it.
Have you noticed though, how Someecards have pretty much taken over the internet? When will Facebook become: Ecards with Friends? I’m guilty of laughing and sharing too, don’t get me wrong. I also started wondering where the hell they get all of those greetings/sayings/smart ass remarks. Granted, there are a few that I’m certain are truth. The others make me roll my eyes so hard I can see my brain.
After a few minutes, I switched over to Facebook and then it struck me: Why am I even on Facebook? “To keep in touch!” Right, right. Oh and to share pictures and to let my folks know that I’m alive when I go on a road trip. Actually, the friends I’m close with on one social media site, I’m also close with in real life. It is nice, to say, “Hey I’m going to be in town on such and such date, let’s hang out.” And then we do! Or rather, I RSVP for an event, only it’s on the wrong weekend because I’m usually a week ahead of myself (sorry Kristy). For the most part though, I keep in touch with everyone I grew up with. I like that about life.
On my way into work today, I thought about quitting Facebook. Why not? I’m on Instagram. I have this blog. What more could I need? What more do I need to share? What more do you need to know about me? Here’s a list of things:
1. I’m still scared of the dark
2. I don’t walk past windows at night, I scurry. Quickly.
3. I never sit with my back to a door.
4. I always sit with one leg under me. This poses a problem at Christmas and those “Be Ladylike” parties where I wear nice evening gowns and 6″ heels. You can’t sit on your leg at those parties and the feelings I have, oh God. Horrible.
5. In college, I tutored/wrote papers for a guy by the name of Dobber. Yes, like from the TV Show Coach. Once he brought me hand picked flowers from the front of the library. It was sweet.
6. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
7. I still leave bobbi pins laying all over the house/kitchen/bathroom/car/garage/patio.
8. I almost have the patience of Job. So that means I would be like Job’s half sister after a pot of coffee type patience.
9. I wear house shoes.
10. I am very particular about my daily schedule. Very particular. If I am not within two minutes of what I think I should be doing at the said scheduled time, I start to panic and get bitchy. I don’t tolerate people who are late. I am never late. EVER.
Also, last night I broke out the canvas and finished up my painting! Well, for the most part. I’m going to do a little more blending tonight if I can. Check this shit out though:
Murph was fascinated by the paints. It was cute. I love him. Isn’t that the greatest thing about pets? They just get you. You can have a shitty day and you can tell them about it. Sure, they may be silently judging your poor choices in fashion, but damn it, they love you. It’s rainy days like today when all I want to do is lay on the couch with Murph, watching Law & Order reruns on TNT.
I’m going to get back to looking at Someecards with friends on Pinterest.
You should too.